Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Random Day in December

Dear Brooklyn,

You are 16 months and 18 days old today.  You're also going to be a big sister to a little brother in approximately 18 weeks (give or take a few days).  I don't think you quite understand that yet though.  You're going to be the very best big sister there ever was.  I'm certain of it. :)

As I type this, you're playing in the bath tub.  Bath tub crayons are your favorite thing in the world right now and you love to scribble all over the bath tub walls with them.  And then, when I'm looking away for a second, you like to take a big bite out of them.

Right now, you give kisses and hugs and say a handful of words.  You dance to everything.  And you smile and laugh all the time.  I wish I could freeze time for you.  You're such a happy, happy child.  Everything makes you happy (except for when I take away the bath tub crayons after you try to eat them).  You love giving kisses to your daddy and your grandpa--I think you must like the whiskers!

You're getting smarter by the day and, a lot of the time, you're nothing but mischief. :) Except for it's not real mischief, it's you being intelligent and inquisitive and just wanting to learn about everything.  Today, you walked into the kitchen while I was working on something in the living room and, 30 seconds later, by the time I'd followed you in there, you'd moved a kitchen chair over to the counter, climbed up, and you had powdered cappuccino all over your little face.  I'm sure you'd eaten a fair amount too!  We'll see what time you go to bed tonight. :)

You don't like vegetables (except for corn) and your favorite food ever is string cheese.  When you want some, you stand in front of the fridge and yell, "Cheese! Cheese!  Cheese!" at the top of your little lungs until we get you some.  I don't know what we'd do if we ever ran out of cheese, lol!  And your little hands and arms are so expressive!  You babble on and on and throw your little arms up in the air all the time, just like you're telling some grandiose story and just getting to the good part!  I wish we could understand what your little words were saying. :)

Mommy and daddy love you more than you'll ever know baby girl. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment